DBSA online support groups follow the same format as most DBSA in-person support groups. The format is as follows:
- Gathering time - The group assembles.
- Welcome - The facilitator brings the group together and provides focus.
- Review what will happen at the meeting and group guidelines - Participants are asked to look over the guidelines at every meeting.
- Check-in - Participants briefly let the group know how they are feeling and what they would like to discuss during the meeting.
- Discussion - This is the heart of a DBSA group. Often the discussion will be based on common concerns or themes that came up during the check-in time.
- Closing - The facilitator brings closure to the session.
Copyright © 2018, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance