The list below shows the meetings we are currently offering online. For additional information on a particular meeting, click on the corresponding "More Information" link.
CRW: 'Ongoing Employment Support and Education'
This online platform will offer greater access to:
1. Employment readiness, retention, and satisfaction
2. Educational topics relevant to New York Peer Specialist Certification.
3. Mutual support with students and graduates including co-facilitation by
Christina Emery, NYCPS-P and Emily Vaianella, NYCPS
Currently, eligibility for participation is as follows:
1. Currently enrolled students or graduates of our Careers in Recovery and
2. Interest in obtaining a paid/unpaid peer specialist position, or
3. Past or current employment/volunteer in a peer specialist position, and
4. Not working in the capacity of a supervisor, team leader, or oversight of any
Pre-registration is required with a maximum of 10 participants.
MHAW’s Healing Connections Peer Support Group
Healing Connections Peer Support Groups were created for and by people who experience emotional distress, extreme and/or altered states of consciousness, substance use, labels of psychiatric diagnosis, and/or who are trauma survivors. We come together to share information, hope, joys, fears, successes, and hardships in the ‘most’ safe space we co-create to mutually support, heal, and grow together. We all are collectively responsible for the comfort of our group!
Healing Connections’ facilitators are trained, New York Certified Peer Specialist, Professionals who have their own experience with emotional distress. The facilitators are there to guide the support group and offer peer support.
Here's how to reach us:
Association for Mental Health and Wellness
939 Johnson Avenue
Ronkonkoma New York 11779
(631) 471-7242 Email Website
Copyright © 2019, Association for Mental Health and Wellness